Long story short, I submitted this post already but clearly I have to submit it again because of a technical issue. These few days, I haven’t been eating very healthily…or at all, really, mostly eating junk, processed foods like biscuits, cookies, scones, mochi, chocolate etc…and that’s not even shocking. The shocking part is, I eat ALL of those for SNACK. It’s safe to say I’ve ‘fallen off my wagon’. Oh and for the cherry on top, I haven’t been exercising AT ALL either.
So this post, is hopefully to make myself healthy again. Here’s a list of some of the healthy things I can make/do in order to be healthy in my household.
– Oatmeal w/soy milk
– Scrambled eggs w/mushroom, cherry tomatoes, peppers, vegetables, anything!
– Chia seed pudding
– Yoghurt with muesli & fruit
– Cassey’s microwaveable muffin
– Quinoa with mushrooms, shrimp, or anything you can think of
– Wholemeal/wheat bread with avocado
– Sweet potato
– Tuna & Greek yoghurt wrap/sandwich
– Chickpea pita: mix chickpeas with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt, (and I need to buy the following) cumin & paprika. Put them in a pita pocket with a few sliced tomatoes 🙂
– Broccoli salad: steam broccoli, mix 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp veg oil, 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 tsp light sesame seeds (or a ratio of that) with Broccoli and golden raisins and cashew nuts
– Hard boiled eggs
– Nuts (1/4 cup)
– Nut butter boat: celery sticks spread with a nut butter and on top almonds/nuts/raisins
– Tofu sticks: bake firm tofu
– Banana + 2 eggs = pancakes
– Grape & cheese sticks: On a toothpick, stack cheese & grape
– Overnight choco oats: 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup soy milk, 3 tbsp chocolate protein powder (I don’t have this so if I try this I’ll use cocoa powder!), handful of walnuts, half a mashed banana
– Canned tuna on wholewheat crackers
– Sunflower lentil spread: add 1/4 can lentils, a bit of lemon juice, salt, pepper & blend in a blender, stir in sunflower seeds & celery, spread onto microwaved (1 min) pita
–Lentil salad: boil lentils & bay leaves, then stir with celery, parsley & salt. Add some tomatoes & vinaigrette (2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, garlic clove & olive oil)